Location: Washington, DC
Supervisor: Director of Sales
Youth For Understanding (YFU) advances intercultural understanding, mutual respect and social responsibility through educational exchanges for youth, families and communities. Through the exchange experience, YFU participants gain intercultural understanding, learn mutual respect, and develop a sense of social responsibility. Their experience abroad gives them leadership competencies necessary to meet the challenges and benefit from the opportunities of a fast-changing global community.
The changing intercultural exchange industry provides YFU the opportunity to expand its program offerings and invest in new ventures supporting YFU’s mission. The Sales Team is meant to support these new endeavors as well as grow existing programs.
- Serve as a professional representative for YFU. In collaboration with the external sales team, execute sales plans to Meet and exceed defined goals
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of all inbound and outbound programs
- Successfully convert newly acquired leads through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls, emails, etc. to applicants and then participants by clearly explaining and promoting YFU programs and products
- When appropriate route qualified opportunities to the outside sales team or Sales Director for further development and closure
- Utilize all communication mediums available, including but not limited to telephone, email, mail, text messaging, and phonevites to engage, promote, and follow-up to effectuate sales
- Update and manage customer information in the CRM adhering to strict YFU protocols
- Assist the rest of the sales team with research on potential events, new customer bases, schools, partners, and other key players
- Generate sales reports each week and submit to management for review
- Manage the YFU online chat function
- Manage host family reference checking
- Assist volunteers and program participants with the online application processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience(Ideal courses in business, psychology, management, marketing and/or communication)
- 1-3 years inside sales experience preferred but not required
- Track record of over-achieving quotas and meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Strong telephone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Ability to work outside traditional work times due to weekend or evening calling and follow-up needs
- Previous intercultural and/or student exchange experience desirable
- Computer, monitor, keyboard, telephone, fax machine, copier, computer software
- Talking and hearing skills
- Repetitive motions of wrists, hand, and /or fingers
- Working conditions - this position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modifications.
Applicants must be eligible for employment and able to pass a pre-employment background check. If you are qualified and interested in being considered for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements at the career site.