Lessons From Abroad Returnee Conference on Saturday, October 1st 2016, hosted at the YFU USA National Office at The Event Space in Shaw (641 S Street NW, Washington, DC). Youth For Understanding has teamed up with Lessons From Abroad to offer you a dynamic and informative conference opportunity.
- Meet other recent study abroad returnees from all over the greater Washington, D.C. area (high school and university students)
- Hear from dynamic professionals about their experiences abroad
- Learn how to talk about your newly acquired global skills in a job interview or college application
- Discover how you can work or study abroad in college and beyond
- Network with professionals working in internationally-focused jobs
- Get your resume personally reviewed by career professionals and those with international work experience
- Stay connected to and share stories about your study abroad experience
This is a great opportunity to network with other students and professionals. We ask that you dress business casual and bring several copies of your resume. The outline of the conference schedule is listed below to give you an idea of how the conference will be structured.
SCHEDULE OF CONFERENCE EVENTS
9:15am-9:30am YFU Check-in
9:30am-10:00am Check-in and Resume Critique Registration
10:00am-10:30am Welcome and Introduction Activities
10:30am-11:20am Le Retour Video and Discussion
11:30am-12:30pm Concurrent Sessions
11:30am-4:50pm Resume Critiques
12:30pm-1:15pm Lunch Group A
1:15pm-2:00pm Lunch Group B
12:30pm-2:30pm Opportunities Fair
2:40pm-3:40pm Concurrent Sessions
3:40pm-3:50pm Coffee/Tea Break
3:50pm-4:50pm Concurrent Sessions
4:55pm-5:30pm Closing Remarks
5:30pm-5:46pm YFU Debrief
Please let me know if you have any questions.
We hope to see you there!
The Lessons From Abroad Greater DC Area Planning Committee and your Director of Alumni Engagement, Gina Palmisano