Location: Albuquerque/Colorado Springs/Denver/Fort Collins/Pueblo, Colorado
Reports to: Western Regional Director
Youth For Understanding (YFU) advances intercultural understanding, mutual respect and social responsibility through educational exchanges for youth, families and communities. Through the exchange experience, YFU participants gain intercultural understanding, learn mutual respect, and develop a sense of social responsibility. Their experience abroad gives them leadership competencies necessary to meet the challenges and benefit from the opportunities of a fast-changing global community.
Purpose of Position:
This position is a home-based position that manages the overall success for recruitment needs of YFU programs by developing and growing vibrant YFU communities, increasing market share for both inbound and outbound program participants within assigned field boundaries to meet set benchmarks and goals. A Field Director shall possess the ability to successfully lead, motivate, delegate, empower and engage people. The Field Director is a community organizer and strong net-worker, an interactive, confident communicator who displays a positive attitude, with a creative nature and an entrepreneurial approach utilizing excellent persuasion skills.
Serve as the professional representative and point of contact for YFU in the local community.
Implement effective and creative marketing plans to improve YFU’s visibility through all forms of media within the target markets in collaboration with the YFU Marketing Department.
Responsible for cold calling, nurturing relationships and closing the sale, on time and within budget.
Oversee the screening, and selection process of host families, ensuring compliance with YFU, CSIET, and State Department standards.
Assist volunteers and program participants with the online application processes.
Collaborate with the Exchange Experience Division as they coach volunteers to assist families, students and schools with personal and academic cross cultural adjustment.
Collaborate with Exchange Experience Division to identify development needs of new and existing volunteers.
Conduct task-specific in-person training or ensure such training is provided.
Work closely with volunteers to develop their skills, modeling appropriate volunteer mentoring and coaching.
Provide oral and written feedback and constructive criticism to volunteers as required to improve performance, ensure compliance, and achieve results.
Other responsibilities as assigned or required.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferably in sales/marketing, cold calling and recruiting, volunteer management, organizational development and community networking.
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills; volunteer management highly desired.\
- Previous intercultural and/or student exchange experience preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal, listening, problem solving, and diplomatic skills and ability to handle sensitive matters discreetly. Must possess a strong aptitude to make sound decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively under pressure; able to consistently meet goals.
- Computer literacy; flexibility, reliability and dependability required.
- Well versed in Microsoft office products, including Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook/MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work beyond normal business hours including weekends and late evenings during peak season. Occasional overnight travel.
- Ability to follow-through on tasks and successfully coordinate multiple tasks is required.
- Ability to maintain a fully functional home or field office, including all tools and business supplies necessary for marketing, communication and document management.
Based on ADA guidelines, the following are minimal physical activities applicable to this position:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Talking, and hearing skills, and repetitive motions of wrists, hand, and/or fingers.
- Medium work rating which consists of exerting up to 50 lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Computer, keyboard, calculator, telephone, printer, fax machine, computer software
This job description will be reviewed periodically as functions and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Applicants must be eligible for employment and able to pass a pre-employment background check. If you are qualified and interested in being considered for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements at the career site.