Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Sales Director
Youth For Understanding (YFU) advances intercultural understanding, mutual respect and social responsibility through educational exchanges for youth, families and communities. Through the exchange experience, YFU participants gain intercultural understanding, learn mutual respect, and develop a sense of social responsibility. Their experience abroad gives them leadership competencies necessary to meet the challenges and benefit from the opportunities of a fast-changing global community.
The changing intercultural exchange industry provides YFU the opportunity to expand its programming and invest in new ventures supporting YFU’s mission. The Sales Team is meant to support these new endeavors as well as grow existing programs. The Program Recruitment Officer is responsible for establishing contact with existing customers, identifying new opportunities, and working closely with others on the team on following up on potential leads. The Program Recruitment Officer reports to the Director of Sales.
Meet and exceed defined sales goals
Prospect new business
Develop lead generation
Set up appointments with prospective and existing customers to promote YFU programming
Successfully transition newly acquired customers over to internal sales team, working closely to enhance sales and customer satisfaction
Clearly communicate program and product effectiveness and quality
Effectively sell and promote YFU programs and products
Update customer information in the CRM
Generate sales reports each week and submit to management for review
Attend industry trade shows, conferences and events to accumulate new leads and make productive contact with existing clients
Work closely with External Affairs staff in order to identify new partners, understand industry trends, and engage with schools and other community organizations.
Collaborate with the marketing team to improve marketing materials and expand YFU’s marketing presence in potential growth areas
Effectively track and analyze metrics and ROI
Assist with the promotion of scholarships
Generally stay on top of industry trends to assist in identifying potential opportunities for growth
Communicate effectively with staff and team
Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience(Ideal courses in business, psychology, management, marketing and/or communication)
- 1-3 years sales experience preferred but not required
- Proven sales experience selling intangible products, consistently meeting or exceeding revenue targets desirable
- Entrepreneurial spirit and track record, with ability to develop and drive a nascent sales process from plan to close
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills at multiple levels
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Exceptional written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Strong customer-facing, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Must have flexibility to potentially travel a significant amount of time
Computer, monitor, keyboard, telephone, fax machine, copier, computer software.
- Talking and hearing skills
- Repetitive motions of wrists, hand, and /or fingers
- Working conditions - this position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modifications.
Applicants must be eligible for employment and able to pass a pre-employment background check. If you are qualified and interested in being considered for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements at the career site.