Status: (short-term) Independent Contractor
Location: Various locations, including but not limited to:
San Antonio, TX
Reports to: Chief of Staff
YFU advances intercultural understanding, life-long learning, global competencies, mutual respect, and social responsibility through transformational educational exchanges for generations of youth, families, and communities, supported by dedicated volunteers and professional staff. Through the exchange experience, YFU students gain intercultural understanding, learn mutual respect, and develop a sense of social responsibility. Their experience abroad gives them leadership competencies necessary to meet the challenges and benefit from the opportunities of a fast-changing global community.
Promote YFU programs with the specific objective to recruit new-to YFU volunteer host families for year and semester exchange students. Assist the host family with completing the host family application and work with YFU staff and volunteers to complete the vetting process and finalize the placement. Local Host Family Recruiters provide limited support within a specific geography toward YFU’s placement objectives for inbound exchange students. YFU USA, in compliance with the US State Department, sets and upholds standards for Host Family final selection and student matches.
Identify potential leads, recruit new-to YFU, qualified, volunteer host families, and create “permanent” placements for YFU’s year and semester exchange students thereby contributing to the overall growth and stability of YFU community clusters.
1. Complete YFU Volunteer Application
2. Complete Department of State Local Coordinator Training & Certification Exam
3. Complete Sexual Abuse Awareness Training
1. Independent contractor will have the right to determine the hours of work and/or use their own office supplies, services, tools, transportation and space to conduct work, including internet, phone, cable, etc. and will not be reimbursed for business expenses incurred while performing these functions excluding reasonable metro costs and mileage reimbursements to conduct host family interviews, which may be reimbursed at YFU’s discretion.
1. Promote YFU hosting opportunity through phone, email and written communication, face-to-face contact, personal networks, social media, attendance of local festivals/farmer’s markets, and other identified recruitment methods, within the guidelines set by the US State Department and YFU USA.
D. Vetting Host Family
1. Guide Host Family applicants through the online application process, ensuring completion of all mandatory data fields, including approval to run a Criminal Background Check, signed commitment to the YFU Host Family Agreement and uploading of household photographs.
2. Complete necessary host family interviews.
3. Direct Host Family to register for Host Family Pre-Arrival Orientation.
SCHEDULE FOR PERFORMANCE
Placement efforts for the year and semester programs will begin on April 15 and will end June 30, 2019. Placement efforts may extend beyond June 30, 2019 if required.
Applicants must be eligible for employment and able to pass a pre-employment background check. If you are qualified and interested in being considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter at the career site.