Location: Saginaw, MI
Mission: Youth for Understanding USA (YFU) advances intercultural understanding, mutual respect and social responsibility through educational exchanges for youth, families and communities. Through the exchange experience, YFU students gain intercultural understanding, learn mutual respect, and develop a sense of social responsibility. Their experience abroad gives them leadership competencies necessary to meet the challenges and benefit from the opportunities of a fast-changing global community.
Purpose of Position: Work as part of a team to manage the workflow of the Registration department and its processing of International Student and Study Abroad paperwork. Manage and maintain the administrative office in an efficient and accurate manner. Maintain and follow through on standard operating practices and procedures to meet compliance requirements and YFU quality standards.
Primary responsibility for quality control and management of the documentation process and review of all required documents submitted for student placement
The Registration Specialist is responsible for reviewing and providing supplemental investigation on highly personal information contained in host family applications, Criminal Background Checks ad applicant records. Ability to professionally discuss issues with applicant/participant to gain needed information to determine eligibility
Manage and coordinate oversight of compliance standards as established by the State Department and YFU USA regulations of all inbound student documentation
Maintain complete District databases with primary responsibility for data entry into YFU central databases
Monitor, track and facilitate communications between the district office, staff, partner countries, volunteers and the general public
Manage records maintenance of district participant files
As assigned, coordinate the enrollment process for students interested in studying abroad
A point of contact for support for students interested in YFU Study Abroad Programs and YFU sponsored scholarship
Acts as a liaison with field staff, volunteers, and international officers involving issues regarding Study Abroad student enrollment, program specifications, and operational matters
As assigned, provide support for keying in data for study abroad students and following up with students on their enrollment process
· Manage and coordinate effectively the administrative oversight for the fields ensuring timely response and meeting deadlines
· Process, track and provide initial approval of expense reports according to internal protocols
· Occasional overnight travel
· Assist with reference calling
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
· Minimum three years’ work experience in office management administration
· A team player; a positive, can-do approach with the ability to also effectively work independently
· Experience with word processing, basic MS Excel spreadsheet knowledge, and data management skills
· Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to meet deadlines necessary
· Budget and finance experience preferred
· Able to be productive in a deadline-driven; fast-paced environment as well as during off-peak times.
· Professional skills in written and verbal communications; excellent telephone manner
· Ability to determine priorities and to establish processes to meet job requirements
· Customer service oriented
· Strong initiative; excellent judgment and tracking skills; dependable, reliable and ability to be flexible
· Available to work beyond normal business hours when required
Applicants must be eligible for employment and able to pass a pre-employment background check. If you are qualified and interested in being considered for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements at the career site.