Community College Program for Students
For more than 30 years, YFU’s Community College Program has welcomed young adults (17-23) to pursue the challenge of attending college in the U.S
College Programs for International Students
Welcome to the YFU USA Community College Program!
For more than 30 years, YFU’s Community College Program has welcomed young adults (17-23) to pursue the challenge of attending college in the U.S.!
If you are an international student who has completed your secondary school education and have a dream to travel to the US for undergraduate (post-secondary) study, consider the YFU Community College Program.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Program: August or January start, designed to improve English language skills for students who do not meet our Academic program score.
- Academic Program: August or January start, students can choose to study for one semester or stay for an entire year.
- Two Year/Degree Program: Students in this program may start with ESL to develop their English before entering into academic courses. This program is designed to guide students towards obtaining a certificate or earning an Associate's Degree.
Student can choose to live either in a dorm or with a host family during their exchange.
- Dorm: Students 18 and over who choose the dorm will live with roommates in residence halls on or near campus. American students typically choose to live in the dormitories for convenience, and because it makes socializing with friends so easy!
- Host Family: You can also live with a carefully screened host family. This host family will provide you with a place to live as well as meals inside the home. YFU housing is available for students up to a week after finals.
(Students who stay in the U.S. during summer break must make their own housing arrangements. Students who choose the Two Year/Degree Program will be responsible for their own housing during year two of their program.)
If interested, please contact the office nearest your home country for more information and to start your application today. If YFU is not available in your country, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CARE AND SUPPORT
The Community College Program provides diverse educational opportunities to participants through engaging academic and cultural experiences on their campus at least once a month that reflect the true American college experience.
Once on campus, students receive support from a designated staff member, a Campus Coordinator, who help with classes, planning a schedule, integration into campus, as well as organizing activities for international students. Some Campus Coordinators have been with YFU for 20 years, that's how much they love what they do!
Current and prospective students should review the program handbook, our brochure, and our other pages for more information. We have translated some of the items from the handbook into Chinese, Korean and French.
want to study at a community college in the US?
The Community College Program matches your needs and objectives with the strengths and programs available at participating colleges to find the best possible fit. You will pursue your preferred field of study, learn about life in the U.S. and your immediate community. Students have the opportunity to take courses in a variety of subjects in order to explore interests, expand knowledge, and participate in traditional American past-times and student activities.