Short Term Culture and Language Exchange Program in US
Students interested in US culture and language can travel to Washington and join fellow travellers from around the world for a short term exchange program of two weeks.
Interested in US culture and language? This July, travel to Washington, DC and join fellow travelers 18 and older from around the world for a two-week program in the nation’s capital!
YFU’s Short Term Culture and Language program is for English language learners and is an opportunity to build and perfect your written and conversational English language skills. Spend two weeks practicing English in a classroom setting with a certified English language teacher while learning about American culture. Classes will be held at the YFU USA National Office in the mornings, with planned activities every afternoon.
Program tuition includes:
- Enrollment in YFU Culture and Language classes
- YFU sponsored activities
- Accommodations at Hostelling International DC, located in the heart of Washington, DC
- A robust activity schedule at the hostel (offered to residents either for free or with a nominal charge)
- Daily breakfast as well as lunch provided Monday-Friday following classes.
- An unlimited Metro Pass (Washington DC’s mass transit system) to help you explore DC and surrounding areas on the weekends.
- 24-hour participant support
- A welcome orientation
- Pick-up and Drop-off assistance from airport
Don't miss this opportunity to explore some of DC’s most famous attractions and gain English language skills! While on program, participants may wish to explore as much of DC as possible. This is your chance to visit the Washington Monument, take a tour through the US Capitol building, explore a local University, go kayaking on the Potomac River, and many other quintessential DC experiences.
To receive information about the YFU Short Term Culture and Language Program, please contact your YFU National Office at yfu.org. If your country is not listed on the webpage provided, you may still be eligible for study in the US. Please contact YFU USA directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.