Short Term Language and Leadership Program in Washington, DC
Students interested in US culture and language can travel to Washington and join fellow travellers from around the world for a short term exchange program of two weeks.
Interested in US culture and language? This July, travel to Washington, DC and join fellow travelers 18 and older from around the world for a two-week program in the nation’s capital!
YFU’s Short Term Language and Leadership program is for non-native English speakers to build language skills through project-based learning. Classes will be held at the YFU USA National Office in the mornings, where certified English language instructors will train you in academic and professional skills. When you are not in class, you will join YFU staff in exploring the city, visiting local colleges and universities, and attending cultural events.
Program tuition includes:
- A welcome orientation
- Enrollment in YFU English language and academic skills classes
- YFU-sponsored activities, including visits to local universities and businesses
- Accommodations at Hostelling International DC, located in the heart of Washington, DC
- A robust activity schedule at the hostel (offered to residents either for free or with a nominal charge)
- Daily breakfast as well as lunch provided Monday-Friday following classes.
- An unlimited Metro Pass (Washington DC’s mass transit system) to help you explore DC and surrounding areas on the weekends.
- 24-hour participant support
- Insurance to cover you during your stay
- Pick-up and Drop-off assistance from airport
Don't miss this opportunity to explore some of DC’s most famous attractions and develop your academic and leadership skills! While on program, participants may wish to explore as much of DC as possible. This is your chance to visit the Washington Monument, take a tour through the US Capitol building, explore a local University, go kayaking on the Potomac River, and many other experiences unique to Washington DC.
To receive information about the YFU Short Term Language and Leadership Program, please contact your YFU National Office at yfu.org. If your country is not listed on the webpage provided, you may still be eligible for study in the US. Please contact YFU USA directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.