Host Family Pre-Arrival Orientation
The Pre-Arrival Orientation for host families serves to check understanding of the YFU program, its policies, procedures, and support systems, along with clarifying expectations for the hosting experience, enhancing cultural awareness and introducing some tools to help with the transitional process. Though advice-giving is a part of the orientation, the emphasis must be more on providing families with the tools with which to face the unexpected and to work through the difficulties, having sufficient knowledge of adolescent behaviors, typical adjustment patterns, and YFU program resources.
Handbooks & Additional Handouts
- How Do We Do Things In Our Home?
- Host Family Handbook
- Talking with Teens
- Adolescent Behavior
- How to be a Loveable Host Family
- Chinese Student Considerations
- Japanese Student Considerations
- Muslim Student Considerations
- Individual (One on One) Orientation Reporting Form
- Sign-In Sheet
- Sample Agenda
- Orientation Reporting Form
- Session by Session Breakdown of Materials- This is a handy guide to help coordinators organize the materials by session.
- Pre Arrival Materials Order Form
- Advance Reimbursement Request: Volunteers
- Advance Reimbursement Request: Field Directors