The Mid-Year Orientation is designed to provide additional support to students and host families at the midpoint of their exchange experience. The Mid-year orientation takes place when students and host families have been living together for about five months. It gives everyone an opportunity to examine their experience thus far, to identify their concerns, and to set realistic goals for the time remaining. The mid-year orientation gives students and host families an opportunity to share their thoughts and feelings as well as to seek advice from YFU volunteers and other students.
Mid-year orientations are required for students and strongly encouraged for host parents. Mid-Year LOOP.
ORIENTATION FACILITATORS: Please take a few moments to share your sign in sheets, orientation reporting form and agenda with E & T as soon as possible after each orientation so we may accurately track attendance.
Scan and email all documents to Orientations@yfu.org
- Invitation - Send at least 3 weeks in advance of meeting
- Student Sign in Sheet - Submit to E & T within a week following meeting
- Host Parent Sign in Sheet- Submit to E & T within a week following meeting
- Agenda - Submit to E & T within a week following meeting
- Orientation Reporting Form - Submit one after each orientation in your local area to E & T within a week after meeting
- Advance Reimbursement Request - Volunteers
- Advance Reimbursement Request- Field Directors
- Midyear Materials Order Form
- Individual Orientation Reporting Form
- Session by Session breakdown of materials- a handy guide to help coordinators organize the material by session
- Orientation Evaluations will be emailed to students and facilitators from E & T via Survey Monkey after orientations occur
BACKUP and webinar information
If a student cannot attend their in-person Mid-year orientation, please have their Area Rep or a volunteer arrange a time to share the materials. Be sure to submit a sign in sheet or click and download the Individual Orientation Reporting Form linked here.
Midyear orientations are required for students. Click here to register for the Mid Year Orientation webinar!