Japan Pre-Departure Orientation
The Japan Pre-Departure Orientation (JPDO) is a two-session, national orientation for all students going on our 2018 Summer Japan Programs. Participants get to connect with other soon-to-be exchange students and gain valuable information about how to make the most of the exchange experience. Attendance to a JPDO session is mandatory and YFU will inform students which session they will be attending. Following the end of each session, students will immediately depart to Japan!
STUDENTS NEED TO REGISTER TO ATTEND JPDO. Please complete the registration form below.
2018 JPDO information
Dates and Location
This year, JPDO will take place on the campus of North Central College in Naperville, IL.
Session 1: Okinawa, JUSSE, Corporate Sponsored, and other non-scholarship students will attend from June 18-20, 2018.
Session 2: JAFS students will attend from June 22-24, 2018.
For JPDO, YFU covers the costs of travel, lodging, and food for all students during the orientation.
JPDO is an informative, fun-filled orientation. It is also your opportunity to connect with other exchange students going to Japan and meet YFU alunmi who have traveled to Japan. Expect to have a busy weekend on North Central College's campus!
At JPDO you will:
- Meet other YFU students from all over the country
- Attend informational sessions led by JPDO Teachers and Alumni Assistants who are all YFU Japan alumni
- Participate in informational sessions and activities specifically to prepare you for Japan, including Japanese language and culture lessons
- Have the chance to go to two Q&As with YFU staff and alumni
- Participate in Japanese Obon dancing and cultural activities