Pre-Departure Orientation: Facilitator Resources
The pre-departure orientation for American students is an essential part of their preparation.
The pre-departure orientation for American students is an essential part of their preparation. It focuses on developing enthusiasm for the homestay experience, an understanding of culture, adaptation techniques, and how to communicate and learn. YFU thanks you for actively supporting a consistent YFU experience through the use of materials available on this page.
- Do's and Don'ts of Using Social Media (2 min video)
- Does your online life overshadow your real one? (3 min video)
- The Internet is NEVER Private (2 min video)
- YFU History (3 min video)
- YFU Commitment to Safety Handout
Handbooks & Additional Handouts
- Homesickness Prevention (handout for parents)
- The Guide - Student Edition
- Study Abroad Family Handbook
- Sharing Your Experience on Social Media
- Sign-In Sheet
- Orientation Evaluation
- Orientation Reporting Form
- Pre Departure Orientation Materials Order Form
- Advance Reimbursement Request: Field Directors
- Advance Reimbursement Request: Volunteers
If you conduct a 1-on-1 orientation, please submit this Individual Orientation Reporting Form to Education & Training. The forms may be submitted individually if the training is completed over the phone; one completed and signed from the student and one completed and signed from the volunteer sharing the orientation information. The forms will be joined together once they reach Education & Training. Three options for submitting the form are listed at the bottom of the form.