Objectives of the Re-Entry Orientation
Students will be able to ….
- Identify the skills they have developed during their exchange experience and celebrate how their personal culture has changed.
- Recognize that the end of the exchange brings many emotions and saying goodbye is difficult.
- Make a plan for departure and saying goodbye.
- Be prepared for re-entry to their home countries by examining the re-entry process and adaptation strategies.
Administrative Paper Work
- Advance Reimbursement Request: Field Directors
- Advance Reimbursement Request: Volunteers
- Re Entry Materials Order Form
- Re Entry Checklist
- Sample Agenda
- Re Entry Materials for Facilitators, Students and Parents
- Orientation Reporting Form
- Student Sign In Sheet
- Host Parent Sign In Sheet
- Individual (One on One) Orientation Reporting Form
Background Readings (For YFU Staff, Volunteers & Students)
- Horizons: Feeling at Home in a Strange Land
- Horizons: Going Home Again, The Re-Entry Process
- How to Cope with Culture Shock
- Horizons: Preparing to Share your Exchange Experience
- Horizons: Returning Home and Continuing Your Exchange