Objectives of the Re-Entry Orientation
Students will be able to ….
- Identify the skills they have developed during their exchange experience and celebrate how their personal culture has changed.
- Recognize that the end of the exchange brings many emotions and saying goodbye is difficult.
- Make a plan for departure and saying goodbye.
- Be prepared for re-entry to their home countries by examining the re-entry process and adaptation strategies.
Administrative Paper Work
- Advance Reimbursement Request: Field Directors
- Advance Reimbursement Request: Volunteers
- Re Entry Materials Order Form
- Re Entry Checklist
- Sample Agenda
- Re Entry Materials for Facilitators, Students and Parents
- Orientation Reporting Form
- Student Sign In Sheet
- Host Parent Sign In Sheet
- Individual (One on One) Orientation Reporting Form
Background Readings (For YFU Staff, Volunteers & Students)
- Horizons: Feeling at Home in a Strange Land
- Horizons: Going Home Again, The Re-Entry Process
- How to Cope with Culture Shock
- Horizons: Preparing to Share your Exchange Experience
- Horizons: Returning Home and Continuing Your Exchange
Re Entry Orientation Webinar for Students
Links to register will be available in late May. Please click here to register for the Re Entry webinar.