Make The World Your Home
Learn more about YFU's Diverse academic, volunteering, arts, sports, gap programs and scholarships by exploring YFU's catalog below:
Ready to begin the learning adventure of a lifetime? Apply today.
Frequently Asked Questions
+ What are the requirements to study abroad with YFU?
- Age: Usually, students need to be between 15 and 18 while on program. However, certain countries will accept overage or underage students on a case by case basis, and we offer some special programs for 18-26 year olds.
- GPA: For year or semester programs, we require a 3.0 GPA or better. For summer programs, the GPA requirement is 2.0 or better.
- Students who are open-minded, interested in other cultures and becoming a global citizen, and willing to take on new challenges.
+ Do you have financial aid?
- We offer 200 merit-based scholarships. Your family’s ability to pay program tuition will not affect your chances of winning a scholarship. To learn more about these, you may visit our scholarship page.
- In addition to our merit-based scholarship awards, limited needs-based financial aid is also available to enrolled YFU students.
- Fundraising: Many of our students are able to fundraise a portion (or sometimes all!) of their program tuition. Check out our fundraising page.
+ Do I need a visa? How do I get it?
- If you are going for a semester or year-long program, you will need to get a visa or residence permit. You can find information about this process on consulate and embassy websites for your host country.
- If you are accepted into the program, you will receive more information on how to obtain your visa.
+ I don't meet the age requirements. Can I still study abroad?
- Yes! Many of our country partners will consider overage or underage students on a case by case basis. If you want to ask about your specific situation, please call 1.800.TEENAGE to speak with an Admissions Counselor.
- We also offer Gap Year and Adult Programs.
For more answers, contact YFU Admissions Counselors at firstname.lastname@example.org.