Rules of Conduct
Rules of Conduct
By posting information in or otherwise using any communications service, chat, message board, newsgroup, software library, or other interactive service that may be available to you on or through this site or other YFU affiliated social web pages, you agree that you will not upload, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content—including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information— that:
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortuous, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), or otherwise violates Youth For Understanding USA's rules or policies;
- victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, or disability;
- infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (also known as "spamming"), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage or limit the functioning of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment, or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party;
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee, volunteer, student, parent of a student, host parent, or representative of Youth For Understanding; or
- is contrary to the purpose, mission and/or values of Youth For Understanding and/or the reasons why it was established and exists.
You also agree that you will not harvest or collect information about the users or members of this site or use such information for the purpose of transmitting or facilitating transmission of unsolicited bulk electronic e-mail or communications.
You further agree that you will not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from a child 13 years old or younger without appropriate prior verifiable parental consent.
Youth For Understanding USA generally does not pre-screen, monitor, or edit the content posted by users of communications services, chat rooms, message boards, newsgroups, software libraries, or other interactive services that may be available on or through this site. However, Youth For Understanding USA and its agents have the right at their sole discretion to remove any content that, in Youth For Understanding USA's judgment, does not comply with the Rules of User Conduct or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate. Youth For Understanding USA is not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such content.