Reports To: Director of Travel
Mission: YFU advances intercultural understanding, life-long learning, global competencies, mutual respect, and social responsibility through transformational educational exchanges for generations of youth, families, and communities, supported by dedicated volunteers and professional staff. Through the exchange experience, YFU participants gain intercultural understanding, learn mutual respect, and develop a sense of social responsibility. Their experience abroad gives them leadership competencies necessary to meet the challenges and benefit from the opportunities of a fast-changing global community.
Position Summary: Based on YFU USA's mission and goals this position supervises and manages all aspects of the Annual Travel Assistance Program. This position also manages Travel-related inquiries and requests in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining a professional demeanor at all times.
· Implement operational strategies, processes and guidelines to provide outstanding travel assistance services to all participants
· Hire, train and direct a team of Airport Contractors working remotely and outside normal office hours
· During high travel cycle (June-August),manage a team of on-site temporary Travel Assistance Coordinators and off-site Airport Contractors
· Assist in re-booking/re-accommodating students during severe conditions, managing mass movements with flight interruptions.
· Respond expediently to all non-routine or escalated occurrences requiring further intervention or authorization outside the realm of responsibility of the seasonal staff
· Maintain 24/7 on-call operating schedule for Travel support and emergency assistance
· Manage daily airport staffing and scheduling; provide approval and final verification for timesheet/payroll submissions and other relevant tasks as required to ensure that the department runs efficiently and smoothly at all times
· Daily review of reporting and student travel manifest to cross-reference and triple-check that all resources are in place
· Verify and reconcile all travel disbursements and expense report submissions from Airport Staff Contractors
· Manage vendor contracts and invoice processing, e.g. hotel invoices, answering service billing, Credit Card reconciliation, etc.
· Validate YFU students’ arrival to the US, by providing exception reporting in conjunction with YFU IT department, to enable YFU to comply with the government's Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
· Oversee the external Travel answering service system on daily basis
· Oversee procurement of airport contractor equipment and services, including sourcing and vendor selection, to achieve highest cost savings and best value relationship (hotels, supplies, etc…)
· Assist Travel Director with flight bookings for student or staff as necessary
· Attend and participate in group and staff meetings and conferences as required
· Other duties as assigned
· Excellent supervisory and leadership skills required
· Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with strict timeline requirements
· Prior experience in a fast-paced, high-volume driven hospitality environment is essential to succeed in this position; specific experience in travel/hotel /airline/call-customer service center is highly desirable
· Commitment to teamwork and a collaborative approach
· Outstanding problem solving skills; a strong 'can-do' customer service approach and exceptional people skills
· Strong aptitude to make sound business judgments consistently and exercise reasonable care of duty
· Ability to work different shifts including late evenings and weekends when necessary during peak travel season (June-August). 24/7 on-call status for travel emergencies.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
· Tolerance for high volume of requests and inquiries, often last minute, and ability to work under extreme pressure during peak travel cycle; able to respond to emergencies expeditiously
· Strong professional demeanor and aptitude to remain 'cool' in challenging and demanding situations
· Attention to detail and strong computer skills to include Excel and MS Office, Internet and e-mail, office automation/tools
· Flexibility, dependability; diplomacy; tactfulness; team-spirit and reliability are essential
· Working conditions - this position is not substantially exposed to adverse environment conditions
Applicants must be eligible for employment and able to pass a pre-employment background check. If you are qualified and interested in being considered for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements at the career site.